LAA Operations Update: COVID-19
Monday, March 16, 2020
Posted by: Kris Shock
Following a weekend of swift development in the COVID-19 pandemic, to do our part in "flattening the curve" of the spread of COVID-19, we will be eliminating in-person activities to the greatest extent possible during the month of April, including the following adjustments to the LAA program of work:
- All Flagship and Neighborhood Leadership Academy sessions will be postponed through April. These programs will resume with sessions as planned for May and the missed sessions will be rescheduled at the earliest opportunity.
- LAA101 will be offered as a video conference (via Zoom) on how to access resources and connect with the LAA community online.
- The Conversations on Leadership program is postponed, to be rescheduled at the earliest opportunity.
- The New Leaders Reception will be postponed, to be rescheduled at the earliest opportunity.
- Forum and Committee meetings will be postponed or shifted to video conference through April at the direction of the Forum/Committee Chair. Calendar invitations and the LAA website will be updated accordingly.
LAA Staff will be working from home for the next couple of weeks but will remain available by email and phone. We will also provide ongoing updates via our website, email and social channels.
As a result of the fluid nature of the situation, we are monitoring news through the following resources:
We remain extremely proud of many LAA Alumni and current class members who are serving in leadership positions across Anne Arundel County as they are rising to meet the challenges ahead in mitigating the spread of the COVID-19 virus and working to keep our community safe in this difficult time. We wish all of our community good health and safety in the coming weeks.